Monday, November 12, 2007

Arrgh!

I have to admit that this house hunting is killing me just a little bit. I'm so conflicted: on the one hand we have our fabulous north portland neighborhood and the perfect location of our current house. On the other hand, we have the problems with our current house (cry me a river Sarah...) specifically old plumbing, electrical and funky layout. And dang it, no one seems to be building our perfect house right here. So, I torture myself with listings in Bethany (and I'm torturing my family, friends on the west side and Rob at the same time). Somebody needs to just take my computer away so that I can't search anymore. Oh, and you'd have to put blinders on me when I drive, because I am the ultimate looky-lu driving around. I'll stop at any for sale sign.

But on another note, much more positive, we had a stellar weekend in the Thompson household. Audrey had a great sleepover with her buddy Maya at our house on Friday, Saturday was quiet, then we had dinner group here, and that went great too. Then the best part of all was Lauren's birthday party at the Oregon Gymnastics Academy. What a blast to see all the kids getting sucked into the pit of foam. Audrey was a little nervous about the pit, but loved the trampoline. Then Papa and Connie took Lauren, Hayden and Audrey up to Connie's son's riverhouse in Battleground Washington. Overnight. There were four kids and three adults and apparently it went well. And they survived the drive up and back with crazy end of the world style wind today. So, Rob, Jack and I went out to dinner at a favorite place called Pause on Interstate and had the best sliders ever (little perfect burgers). Good stuff.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sarah - just to ease you a little bit. I am not even looking at houses to buy yet and yet I still find myself searching the web and stopping at EVERY house that is for sale. HOnestly what actually ends up happening is I get depressed because everything I can afford in this area is either just like the house I already own or it is sliding off it's foundation.... so I usually slam the laptop down and clean something to fel more in control.... that doesn't last long though - the girls usuallyu come right behind me and dirty up whatever I just cleaned....

Sarah said...

***westside***westside***westside***
That was me putting subliminal messages into your head. MOVE OUT HERE DAMMIT!

Emily said...

I completely agree with Sarah - move your asses out here!!!